Yesterday, a 5 year old boy was attacked and killed by a Pit Bull in Chicago. Despite the desperate actions of concerned citizens, they were unable to stop the animal from killing the child in one of the most gruesome ways imaginable.
These attacks continue unabated while insane dog owners scream about discrimination against breeds and labeling. It’s not like we’re talking terrorism here.
Or are we?
According to the FBI, domestic terrorism is defined as activities with the following three characteristics:
- Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
- Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
- Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.
1. Clearly, this requirement is met. See the article referenced above along with countless others.
2. I’ve argued in the past that walking a Pit Bull down the street is the same as pointing a gun at every person you pass. These dogs inspire pure fear in every nearby person, unless that person is a completely brain dead, drug-addled idiot, so intimidation of the population is clearly an aim of the owners.
When you can’t fathom the thought of allowing your child to ride his or her bike down the street because some thug in the neighborhood has a Pit Bull, you’re being terrorized.
3. As long as it happens here, it’s domestic and we can do something to end it.
Take a minute and review the list of attacks over the years. If this many people were killed or maimed by Islamic Terrorists, we’d be making plans to invade a country, but these heinous murders have all been perpetrated right here by Americans, many times by the incredibly ignorant, uncaring parents of the victims. It’s time for politicians and parents to get the ball rolling and ban the ownership of these beasts.
It’s the breed. Pure and simple. Ban it and terminate it.